A bit of Halloween safety news from the Illinois Poison Control Center~~~~~ Glow sticks and necklaces are a fun Halloween addition while you are out trick or treating at night but they contain a compound called dibutyl phlate. Many calls to the IPPC involve children either chewing on the glow item until it breaks open and ingesting some of the contents, or chewing until it breaks and the substance splatters in their eyes. In general, this can cause irritation more than anything else but ensure your children keep them out of their mouths. Another item is dry ice~~~~it is relatively safe to use but should NEVER be used in a punch bowl or individual cups. The main concern is that ingesting dry ice or contact with the membranes in the mouth or skin can cause damage~~essentially a "cold burn". Extreme care should be taken to ensure it is neither ingested nor allowed to come in contact with the skin/mouth or lips. Have a "fantastic" and safe Halloween!!!
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.